Monday, June 3, 2013

It's Been a While

I haven't written in 4 years. Four very long and very difficult years. I didn't want to write at first because I didn't want to be one of those people who does nothing but spew venom at everyone who has ever hurt me, or did I want to be less than authentic. Lets talk about those four years. Maybe by writing it all down I can sift through the wreckage and come up with some answers for myself and my son, or at least find a little peace.

I came to Atlanta. I pulled out of San Antonio early in the morning on Sunday, July 19. I had no job. I had no idea whether or not I would be alone or if Mark would decide to join me. I think I cried all the way to Louisiana. It took 2 days to get here. God had a plan for me. As long as I keep putting one foot in front of the other, I have to believe that He will guide my steps. I was literally on my way to return the UHaul truck when I got the call from my future employer. She was the API of a school for which I had not applied. I was hired 4 days after I left San Antonio, this during one of the worst job markets in my lifetime. When once my school system would hire over 1,000 teachers, this year they hired fewer than 300, and I was one of them!


No comments:

Post a Comment