Thursday, June 6, 2013

Just the two of us...

So Logan and I embarked on a journey together. We moved across the country where I had to not only  learn how to be a teacher but also how to be a single mom and he had to learn to live without his daddy in his daily life. When other children called "Daddy," he would look around for his daddy and would crumple when he realized that they weren't talking to his daddy. I felt so many emotions. I was angry that Mark's choice was to have his son raised by a single mom. I was guilty for failing my little family. But mostly, I was so incredibly sad. Sad for me and especially sad for Logan.

Fortunately, my parents welcomed me back into their home so that I could get back on my feet and so that Logan would have more stability than I could provide by myself. It definitely took some work for my dad and I to figure out how to navigate our relationship. He and Logan became best buds. While I was leaving the house before Logan woke up, Dad was getting up with him, getting him fed and getting him off to daycare. When Logan started school, he not only got him to school but Dad also picked him up and took him to daycare. Any time that I had to work late or go to class, one of my parents would pick him up. There is no way that I could have become a teacher without all of their help. So it wasn't really just the two of us, after all.

1 comment:

  1. Keep on blogging. It will be a good way for you to remember all the wonderful and terrible things that happen.

    ReplyDelete